Versie historie van PassMark PerformanceTest (32-bit & 64-bit)
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1046 - v8.0 Build 1047
- Changed advanced baseline searches so they should be faster when switching between pages of results
- Added a default "no sorting" option for advanced baseline search to speed up searches
- Fixed a bug with the cursor not always redrawing correctly immediately after a baseline search finishes
- Changed simple search to report “X baselines found” when < 100 or “Showing first 100 baselines” when more are found as we are no longer counting them to increase the speed of the search
- Added a check and removal of BOM when loading a customised key.dat file (file expected to be in unicode UTF-16LE format)
- Fixed broken parsing of pt.ini file when using /a command line options, pt.ini will be read in ascii or unicode (UTF-16LE) format
- System Information updates ? Added support for AMD HD 8690A
- - Updated CPU specification information,aAdded Intel Cherry Trail, Braswell and Knights Landing, newer Intel Haswell and Broadwell CPU's, newer AMD CPUs.
- - Added Intel Bay trail temperature monitoring.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1044 - v8.0 Build 1046
- Baseline Manager basic Search will now require the user specify a field (CPU / Video / Drive / Motherboard / Description) to search
- Baseline Manager, an Empty Advanced Search (with the Default Options) will result in showing the last day of submissions
- Fixed a crash that could happen when reading in the windows experience performance values in win 8
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1043 - v8.0 Build 1044
- Added option to display temperature as Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Made some changes so on some systems with dual Intel/AMD video cards the correct card is displayed in the results
- System Information updates ?Added support for AMD Radeon R9 285, AMD Radeon HD 7730
- Fixed a bug in the "Install to USB" function that would stop the install process when the USB drive ran out of space but didn't display an error message
- Fixed some incorrect tool tips in the File menu
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1042 - v8.0 Build 1043
- Changed the memory information displayed on the memory tab when a test has just been run for "This computer" to match the summary and system information displays
- Fixed a bug with the script command REPORTSUMMARY where if no file path was entered the file was not being created in the default user directory
- Fixed a display bug where on systems that had no CD drive connected an overly large result would be displayed when trying to run the CD test
- System Information updates ?Added support for AMD R9 280
- Fixed possible crash due to size of string buffer not being big enough for certain DDR3/DDR4 attributes
- Fixed a crash if a localisation string failed to load
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1041 - v8.0 Build 1042
- Added motherboard model name (where available) to PassMark rating information on summary tab
- Made a change so scripts will now process environment variables used for the EXECUTE command
- Replaced reference baseline #5 with a different system due to higher than normal 2D and memory results
- Replaced reference baseline #6 with a higher end system to match current hardware
- System Information updates ?Improved Bay trail supported (Corrected the number of L1 and L2 CPU caches on Bay Trail CPU's, CPU frequency display improvements)
- - Intel Silvermont CPU support added
- - Added custom names for AMD A10/A8/A6 integrated cards (eg AMD Radeon R7 A10-7850k)
- - Added support for AMD Radeon HD 8xxxD/7xxxD/6xxxD/8400/8330/6320 video cards
- Fixed a bug in the advanced disk test where the data randomness value was being flipped each edit (eg 100 - 0)
- Fixed a possible crash that could occur in the DX10 test if some required resources became invalid
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1040 - v8.0 Build 1041
- The video card / RAM / disk / CPU tested should now be displayed next to the “This computer” and local baseline names on the results tabs
- Fixed a bug where on some switchable graphics systems (eg Optimus) the video card used was not always displayed next to the baseline number when viewing the 2D and 3D results
- Changed behaviour when PerformanceTest is gathering video card information so it should now display some NVIDIA video cards that were previously hidden. This applies to SLI systems where only one monitor was connected and to Optimus systems.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1039 - v8.0 Build 1040
- Added a PNP Device ID display for graphics cards in the 3D information view
- Changed behaviour on systems with multiple video cards (switchable graphics/SLI/XFire), previously PT might not always display the video card in the system information if they did not have a monitor attached
- Fixed a printing issue caused by the previous high DPI changes
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1038 - v8.0 Build 1039
- Some system information updates which enable better DDR4 and Haswell-E support
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1036 - v8.0 Build 1038
- Updated system information collection to support Intel broadwell and next generation of Intel® Xeon® Processor Family based on Haswell
- Enabled "DPI aware" option for manifest file so PT will work correctly in windows 8 high DPI (QHD+) resolutions
- Updated the DX9 3D tests to correctly display information text on high DPI displays
- Replaced several instances of “Mhz” with “MHz” in baseline display text
- Fixed a rounding display error for RAM values in the baseline manager
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to start 2 advanced 3D test windows at the same time which caused PT to crash
- Fixed a bug where scaling of fonts was not happening correctly on QHD+ high DPI displays
- Fixed a bug where incorrect resolution could be displayed on QHD+ high DPI displays in system information
- Fixed a crash that could occur when collecting memory SPD information at startup
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1034 - v8.0 Build 1035
- Added a warning on startup when using a "Power saver" power plan
- Added Atom NXXXX Temperature monitoring
- Added AMD R9 295X2 and R7 260 support
- Fixed an issue where in some cases systems were not displaying all their installed RAM modules correctly (more noticeable in systems with >16 RAM slots)
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1032 - v8.0 Build 1033
- Fixed a crash (bluescreen) that could occur in the 32bit version when reading system information
- Partitions on hard disks with 4KB sectors can now be tested in the advanced disk test, previously only the raw device was displayed.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1030 - v8.0 Build 1031
- Added 4MB and 8MB block sizes to the advanced disk test
- Added SETMEMTIMEOUT script command to allow the threaded memory test timeout length to be changed
- Fixed a bug that could occur when reading memory information which could cause a crash
- Fixed a bug where if an invalid motherboard serial number was written to the baseline file the saved file could not be re-opened
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1029 - v8.0 Build 1030
- PerformanceTest should now distinguish between Windows 8 and 8.1 in the system information
- Baseline manager will now display baseline scores with a decimal point. As this value is also used for sorting the displayed list it also fixes a bug where baselines separated by a decimal value (eg 100.0 and 100.1) were being displayed in the wrong order.
- Baseline manager will now check baseline creation time with the time stored in the baseline cache file (baseline.cfg). If the file in disk is more than 30 mins newer than the cache entry the cache is updated. Previously overwriting a file in "My Baselines" would not update the score listed in the baseline manager.
- Fixed an error that would be displayed if a baseline had an invalid temperature value stored in it.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1028 - v8.0 Build 1029
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1027 - v8.0 Build 1028
- Fixed a bug where in some cases the calculated overall 3D graphics mark was lower than it should have been, this mainly affected Intel integrated video cards.
- This would only happen if the DX10 test failed to start but would start on a second instance, in these cases a penalty was applied as if it had no DX10 compatible video card, despite running the test (related to the changes made in v8.0 build 1024).
- Updated system information library: Added support for RAM modules on Supermicro server boards, SMBus support for Intel X79 Express Chipset, Fixed incorrect memory size reported for RAM modules > 32GB, AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 6xx socket type corrected.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1025 - v8.0 Build 1026
- Added support for AMD R9/R7 series video cards
- Added some extra detail to error messages when trying to run the 3D tests and monitor is in portrait mode
Veranderingen voor v8.0 build 1022 - v8.0 Build 1023
- CPU information and temperature updates: Added support for Cloverview, Richland, Kabini, Temash, Delhi, Seoul, Abu Dhabi, Kyoto.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to launch the DirectCompute test from the advanced menu when no compatible video card was available
- If the number of processes is changed in the preferences to be more than the default amount for the system then the test duration can now only be set to "very long" so score accuracy is increased
- Increased "very long" test time in preferences from 15 seconds to 20 seconds
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1021 - v8.0 build 1022
- Fixed a number of bugs in the system information gathering introduced in the previous release.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1020 - v8.0 Build 1021
- Added support for Haswell CPUs.
- Improved support for Atom CPUs.
- Added CPU turbo speed filter to advanced search.
- Fixed a bug causing the text export to print gibberish when the system information exceeded 512 characters.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1019 - v8.0 Build 1020
- Fixed bug with Intel 188.8.131.5271 drivers (and possibly others) preventing loading of DirectX 9 DLLs causing PerformanceTest to incorrectly report that it has a corrupt install.
- Fixed bug where the CD test did not update the status window.
- Display details about total results found in basic search window.
- Disable wait icon after search in baseline search windows without user having to move mouse.
- Added baseline ID search to advanced search options.
- Fixed bug on some systems where extra RAM modules would be displayed.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1018 - v8.0 Build 1019
- Fixed crash when running the CPU tests on some systems.
- Fixed crash attempting to use /a automation command line parameters in trial version.
- Rotated video card model on main screen to point outwards from motherboard.
- Possbile bug fix for DirectX10 test on some Windows 8 systems.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1017 - v8.0 Build 1018
- Fixed crash bug introduced in build 1017 that affected 32-bit systems with Windows 7 or later.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1016 - v8.0 Build 1017
- Fixed bug preventing correct testing of more than 64 logical processors. In previous releases we relied on the O/S to distribute processes evenly between processor groups. It turns out this doesn't always work & we had to write code to explicitly assign processes to groups of CPUs to get a better load distrubution.
- Bug fixes for DirectX 10 test relating to failure to enter full screen mode. This warning message has been removed (after beening added in build 1016). But in it's place is a better (automatic) method of selecting the best monitor in a multi-GPU multi-monitor setup. We hope this will prevent some problems getting into full screen mode.
- Fixed flashing splash screen at startup.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1015 - v8.0 Build 1016
- Fixed crash when trying to save baseline.
- Stopped DirectX 11 test falling back to software rendering mode.
- Changed DirectX 10 test to abort if it failed to initialize fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a bug preventing the advanced disk test from doing raw access.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1014 - v8.0 Build 1015
- Fixed a bug incorrectly identifying bad system clock measurements.
- Fixed a bug cuasing a failure to save which drive was tested for later viewing in the graphs.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1013 - v8.0 Build 1014
- Fixed a bug causing the DirectX 10 test to crash when the primary deskptop monitor was not monitor 1.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1012 - v8.0 Build 1013
- Memory latency test now also updated to run more reliably on system with limited memory.
- Added error case to DirectX 11 test to detect and warn user about erroneous results.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1011 - v8.0 Build 1012
- Fixed crash bug introduced with previous memory changes for systems with limited memory.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1010 - v8.0 Build 1011
- Fixed bug causing a crash when running a script using the /s command and the system did not support 3D, or the 3D was turned off using the /NO3D option.
- Made change to make memory tests more likely to succeed on systems with limited memory.
- Made change to threaded memory test to allow give it a greater chance to complete on very slow systems.
- Added warning at start up if system is running on battery power.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1009 - v8.0 Build 1010
- Fixed problem with rendering water in DirectX9 - Complex test on Intel cards.
- Added frame jitter measurement in advanced 3D test.
- Updated identification for some newer Radeon cards.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1007 - v8.0 Build 1009
- Changed DirectX9 tests to allow them to run on systems that don't support any anti-aliasing. Previously anti-aliasing was required to launch the test. Now the test will launch but a 25% penalty will be applied to the benchmark result to make up for the poor quality 3D rendering. This means the older Intel HD graphics CPU/GPUs can now run the DX9 test (e.g. the i3-530 CPU).
- Now show number of logical processors for all CPUs, rather than just Hyperthreading status for Intel CPUs. This will also mean that some AMD CPUs like the AMD FX-8120, 8350, 8150 will display 4 cores (and 2 logicals per core), rather than 8 cores.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1006 - v8.0 Build 1007
- Fixed bug causing splash screen to remain open on some Windows 8 systems.
- Fixed bug misidentifying the hard drive tested on some systems preventing baseline from being uploaded.
- Removed temperature detection of AMD video cards on 32-bit systems as this was causing a crash.
- Fixed bug trying to load baseline files from previous versions using the 'File->Load Baseline' menu option.
- Reduced start-up time on some older CPU models.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1004 - v8.0 Build 1006
- Fixed DirectX9 tests to work with some older video cards (GeForce FX 5000 series and similar)
- Fixed bug causing current, min & max transfer rates in the advanced network test incorrectly showing average rather than instantaneous speeds.
- Advanced network test now shows the average speed at the end of the test, where the current speed was while the test was running.
- Fixed a crash when viewing disk results and ceratin disk related system information had failed to be gethered correctly.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1003 - v8.0 Build 1004
- Fixed expiry of certain features after 30 days even when using a licensed version of the software.
- Fixed bug with the USB install that prevented the DirectX 11 test from being run.
Veranderingen voor v8.0 Build 1001 - v8.0 Build 1002
- Fixed resource leak introduced with last release that caused instability after prolonged usage.
Veranderingen voor v7.0 Build 1031 - v8.0 Build 1000
- New Single threaded CPU test and corresponding chart.
- New Direct 2D graphic test. Direct 2D is the relatively new hardware accelerated, immediate-mode, 2D graphics API from Microsoft. It requires Vista SP2 or above to work.
- New DirectX 11 3D test. To run this test a video card with DirectX 11.0 support is required, along with Vista SP2 or above as the O/S. This test exercises new video card features like Vertex and Pixel Shader 5.0 effects, Unordered transparency techniques (in the Jellyfish) and Tessellation technique to produce the detail in the terrain
- New DirectCompute benchmark test as part of standard GPU/3D tests. DirectX 11.0 video card support is required for some of the DirectCompute tests. Thanks to Jan Vlietinck & Keenan Crane who wrote some of the code we used in this test.
- New DirectCompute advanced test suite.
- New memory latency test, both as a standard test and advanced test.
- Re-written standard RAM tests in assembler to be less CPU dependent and more RAM dependent. We are also going to be making available some RAM performance charts
- Advanced tests for Blu-ray & DVD burning on Windows 7 and later.
- Ability to automatically run tests multiple times and take the max result.
- Improved advanced disk test. It is now possible to specify the level of randomness in the data, which can be useful for testing drives that compress the data.
- Scripting of the advanced disk test is now possible.
- Ability to run network test for a much longer period of time.
- IPv6 support in network test.
- Improved system information. Include RAM stick model and timing info, CPU temp & more.
- Re-balancing of instruction mix in the Integer maths, floating point maths and prime number tests.
- Encryption test now makes use of AES-NI CPU instructions where available.
- Faster start-up on launch despite additional system information collection.
- Better looking graphs / new charting engine in advanced tests. Can now graph multiple data series and customize the look of the graphs
- Support for testing more than 64 CPUs / cores.
- Better baseline search, both for basic and advanced search.
- Combining of baseline management windows, adding bookmarks, etc..
- User interface updates with 3D models.
- New baseline file format. We are now using the ".ptx" file name extension for PT8 baseline files. New format is effectively compressed YAML. It should be much more extensible than the older binary file format.
- New backend database structure for storing results. This was required as we expecting to get to around a million baseline results next year.
- Each uploaded result now gets a web page that displays the summary of the submitted results.
- Better video card model number detection, especially dual cards and Intel HD GPU.
- Removed the old bouncing balls 3D test as it was looking a bit lame.
- Modified the existing DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 3D tests to have better textures, use better models and improved shaders.
- Improved SLI & Crossfire support. SLI & Crossfire should now produce some performance improvements. We would have liked to do more here but nVidia and AMD were not able to provide any assistance.
- Official Windows 8 support.
- Official Windows Server 2012 beta support, with full support upon the Server 2012 release.
- Combining 32bit and 64bit releases into a single install package. The correct executable is autoselected at install time.
- Faster install after download by removal of some install dependences.
- More options for exporting, and copy / pasting the benchmark data into other applicaitons, like Excel.
- As an experiment we are relaxing 30 day trial period, so that the core function can continue to be evaluated beyond 30 days. So rather than it just stop working after 30 days, the software will continue to run, with cut down functionality
- Bug fixes, of course.
Veranderingen voor v7.0 Build 1030 - v7.0 Build 1031
- Fixed an issue where some system information wasn't being correctly gathered on XP.
- Fixed an issue displaying the wrong OS in the baseline management window.
Veranderingen voor v7.0 Build 1029 - v7.0 Build 1030
- Fixed a bug in the 32-bit version of PerformanceTest preventing gathering of certain system information.
- Some minor changed/improvements to the advanced baseline search window.
Veranderingen voor v7.0 Build 1028 - v7.0 Build 1029
- Faster startup on some older CPU models.
- Improved support for Ivy-Bridge and Xeon E7 processors.
- Correct identification of Windows 8.
Veranderingen voor v7.0 Build 1027 - v7.0 Build 1028
- Improvement for overclocking detection on some AMD Llano CPUs.
- Added correct identification of Radeon HD 7700 and 7800 series cards.
- Fixed possible crash when populating baseline information list.