Versie historie van MacYTDL
Veranderingen voor v1.14.3 - v1.15 Beta
- This is a beta test release. Implementing localisation involved over 400 lines of code. So, there must be bugs I've not found. Please report any bugs on GitHub
Veranderingen voor v1.14.2 - v1.14.3
- FFmpeg update/install fix again
- FFmpeg should now reliably install or update.
- Users with system language set to German or Italian might notice some dialogs are translated from English. This indicates under-the-hood work to implement localization. Please send raise an issue is this causes any problems.
Veranderingen voor v1.14.1 - v1.14.2
- Due to an expired external CA root certificate, attempting to download the youtube-dl executable caused an error in "curl". For this release the SSL verification in curl has been suppressed. A permanent fix would involve Apple releasing an updated version of curl. For MacYTDL, the download source might be moved from yt-dl.org to GitHub.
Veranderingen voor v1.14 - v1.14.1
- All dialogs should now respect dark mode settings.
- Subtitles downloads now works when more than one format of subtitles is available for download.
- Debugging dialog removed from “Check for MacYTDL update”.
- Using batch functions no longer causes errors.
- Under the hood changes to facilitate localization in a future version.
Veranderingen voor v1.13.1 - v1.14
- Changes to the Monitor dialog:
- Now reports on download progress with either percentage of total or amount downloaded so far.
- Also reports time elapsed since start of download.
- Has been relocated to the top right hand corner of the Desktop.
- Has smaller and realigned text to be less intrusive.
- “Downloads” button removed.
- Adviser dialog should no longer show error text when user chooses to download despite the error.
- Updating the youtube-dl python script should no longer encounter an “internal server error”.
- When an http error is reported user is advised to try again later.
- “Operation not permitted” error when installing FFmpeg should no longer occur.
- Was caused in certain macOS Catalina installs when the Desktop folder was protected.
- FFmpeg is now installed from Zip file downloaded to “usr/local/bin”.
- Utilities dialog can now install FFmpeg when it has not yet been installed.
- Fixed anomaly in Atomic Parsley installation if user decides to install FFmpeg later on.
Veranderingen voor v1.13 - v1.13.1
- A single bug fix. Default downloads folder caused an error on some Macs. This release should fix that.
Veranderingen voor v1.12.1 - v1.13
- Successive Monitor dialogs are now positioned on the screen so that they do not completely obscure each other.
- “Download complete” message now shows correctly for playlists.
- Should no longer crash downloading a playlist when an item is not available.
- The check for existing downloads should be more accurate.
- The MacYTDL Service, Send-URL-To-MacYTDL, now only shows in web browsers.
- The MacYTDL Service now works in Microsoft Edge.
- Monitor dialog text is smaller to enable more to be shown on screen at same time.
- iView single episode show downloads no longer have duplicated names (was due to series and episode name being the same).
- The “--restrict-filenames” parameter removed from all calls to youtube-dl. Was causing problems with special characters that were needed in file names etc.
- Monitor “Stop” function now removes partially downloaded files from playlists.
- Monitor “Stop” function now removes partially downloaded files which have names ending in “-2”.
- A new function added asks user what to do if download video already exists. Choices are for existing file to be deleted and a new copy downloaded; new download to have a different name; or to cancel the download.
- The “--prefer-ffmpeg” parameter removed from all calls to youtube-dl. Was unnecessary as it’s the default and MacYTDL currently provides no alternative.
- The “Check for MacYTDL update” function now downloads the latest version successfully.
- MacYTDL will no longer display a notice when the download file name contains the word “warning”.
- A new function added to check that user’s preferred file format is available for download. If not, user can ask to: download the best format available; download best format and remux to preferred format; or cancel the download.
- The Batch file is cleared if videos were downloaded and no errors reported.
- MacYTDL warns if any errors were reported with a download whether or not the download completed successfully.