Versie historie van CloneSpy
Veranderingen voor v3.34 - v3.4
- Modified: Reimplemented the pools and consolidated related feedback messages to resolve several visualization issues.
- Modified: For all Windows versions prior to Windows 10, DPI scaling is now performed by the system to solve icon scaling issues. For Windows 10, you need to adapt the program's DPI scaling behavior if icons are displayed too small (see our FAQ).
- Fixed: Added an explanation for the formerly unknown error code 53.
Veranderingen voor v3.33 - v3.34
- Added: The update checker can now download and install the latest version (see the Menu bar of the Main window).
- Added: A new option remembers size and position of the Main window (see Priority page of the Options window).
- Added: A new option remembers size and position of the Result presentation windows (see Priority page of the Options window).
- Added: File properties can now be viewed via the context menu of the Result presentation windows.
- Added: The View CSC-file window now has a search function.
- Fixed: When scanning against CSC-files, the Single duplicates window now shows all equal files found (regression since v3.2).
- Fixed: The pattern matcher now recognizes matching string even if the pattern ends with an asterisk.
Veranderingen voor v3.32 - v3.33
- Added: When moving files to a relative path, the path can now be resolved relative to the respective file (see Deletion page of the Options window).
- Added: A checksum is now only stored in the database if the corresponding file is larger than a configurable value (see Database page of the Options window).
- Modified: The encoding "OEM" is now the default setting for batch files.
- Fixed: Eliminated a bug where an installed version was detected as portable version.
- Fixed: Added an explanation for the formerly unknown error code 17.
Veranderingen voor v3.31 - v3.32
- Added: The new Extensions page in the Options window allows to specify file extensions that are different but should be considered as equal. This option is enabled by default.
- Modified: The scan progress window can now be closed via the close button in its title bar after a scan is finished.
- Fixed: Corrected an overflow of the "Scanning for duplicates" progress bar in the scan progress window (regression since v3.31).
- Fixed: If a folder is added to a pool which contains many sub-folders of that folder, then the warning message no longer overflows.
- Fixed: The uninstaller now works properly for 32-bit Windows.
Veranderingen voor v3.3 - v3.31
- Added: When exporting a list of equal files (see Export tab of the Options window) or a CSC-file (see the Export CSC-file window), numbers can now be separated into digit groups.
- Modified: File sizes in the log file are now separated into digit groups.
- Modified: When searching for duplicates, the progress bars in the scan progress window now advance more linear on average data.
- Fixed: The context help now works for the drop-down boxes in the Main window.
- Fixed: When exporting a list of equal files with aligned columns (see Export tab of the Options window), trailing spaces are no longer generated.
- Fixed: Copying Cyrillic characters to the clipboard no longer fails.
Veranderingen voor v3.23 - v3.3
- Added: The Main window is now resizable.
- Added: Added new search options to the Main window.
- Modified: Replaced some radio buttons with drop-down lists to make room for the new search options.
- Modified: The checksum database journal file is now kept permanently for performance reasons.
- Modified: Changed the order of buttons in several dialogs to be consistent with the standard button order in Windows.
- Modified: Moved all context help buttons from the window title bars to the lower right corner of the corresponding dialogs.
- Modified: The Size of main CloneSpy window option now only changes the Main window size at start-up (see Priority page of the Options window).
- Modified: In the default format for exporting lists of equal files, file time now appears before file path.
- Fixed: The Copy/Move Dialog Box on Windows 8 and higher is now suppressed.
Veranderingen voor v3.22 - v3.23
- Modified: Exchanged "+" by "&" in the Main window to clarify the meaning of the "Search for" options.
- Fixed: The 64-bit version no longer crashes when clicking the list header in the Zero length files window or the Single duplicates window.
- Fixed: CloneSpy no longer crashes when scanning long paths on network drives.
- Fixed: Added an explanation for the formerly unknown error code 183.
Veranderingen voor v3.21 - v3.22
- Fixed: CloneSpy no longer fails to move files to the recycle bin or another folder on Windows XP (regression since v3.21).
Veranderingen voor v3.2 - v3.21
- Added: In two-pool mode, the colors that highlight files from pool 1 and 2 in the Result presentation windows can now be changed by a right-click on the corresponding legend.
- Added: More dialogs can now be configured to never show up again.
- Fixed: Unnecessary system messages are no longer shown if deletion of files fails.
- Fixed: Added an explanation for the formerly unknown error code 206.
Veranderingen voor v3.13 - v3.2
- Added: The installer now allows you to select between a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of CloneSpy.
- Added: If you push the "Delete all marked files" button in the Zero length files window or Single duplicates window without first marking any file then an explanation is given on how to mark files.
- Modified: Optimized the memory management so that now more of the available memory can be used.
- Modified: Optimized the structure of the checksum database leading to the effect that your database needs to be rebuilt (previously cached checksums will be recreated).
- Modified: If you scan a large number of files then the percentages in the scan progress window now have decimal places.
- Modified: Opening and closing a large number of categories in the All duplicates window are now faster.
- Modified: Marking a large number of files in the All duplicates window is now faster.
- Modified: The upper limit for the size of scanned files is now deactivated by default (see Time + Size page of the Options window).
- Fixed: If you have a large checksum database then CloneSpy no longer freezes for some time when you open the Options window.
- Fixed: The Options window no longer freezes while the checksum database is being cleaned up (see Database page of the Options window).
- Fixed: In the Options, if "Make new file" or "Replace file" is selected then the corresponding file name may no longer be erased.
- Fixed: The Single duplicates window no longer shows files that were already deleted manually by the user during the scan.
- Fixed: If CloneSpy is ran from the installer then it now runs with user privileges.
- Fixed: Corrected the original file name in the version information of the installer.
Veranderingen voor v3.12 - v3.13
- Fixed: Directory symbolic links whose target starts immediately with a directory are now recognized.
- Fixed: Directory symbolic links whose target starts with a backslash are now resolved correctly.
- Fixed: The View CSC-file window no longer confuses properties of files with the same path.
- Fixed: The controls in the View CSC-file window is now wide enough to display the file properties.
- Fixed: The context help now works correctly for the Options button in the Main window.
Veranderingen voor v3.11 - v3.12
- Added: Equal files can now be explored or marked by an external program (see Report tab of Options window).
- Added: The new pattern %P of the export list format (see Export tab of the Options window) and the CSC-file export format (see the Export CSC-file window) allow for exporting the source pool number.
- Modified: Moved "Execute selected file" function of the Result presentation windows to the context menu of the list of equal files.
- Fixed: The "Override delete selection" indication in the Main window is now only shown if the Action is set to "automatically delete".
- Fixed: When a CSC-file is created then only relevant settings in effect are now written to the log file.
- Hard links can be created again on NTFS drives for Windows XP and Windows Vista (regression since v3.0).
- Fixed: The silent install command line option /ALLUSERSHORTCUT works now properly.
Veranderingen voor v3.1 - v3.11
- Added: The system can now be automatically shut down after a scan is done.
- Added: System sleep can now be prevented while scanning (see Priority page of the Options window).
- Added: Some dialogs can now be configured to never show up again.
- Modified: Mitigated database access problems if several instances of CloneSpy are run in parallel (although not recommended).
- Fixed: CloneSpy no longer asks about saving settings when the user selects to automatically exit the program after scanning.
- Fixed: CloneSpy can no longer be configured to exit automatically if zero length files should be presented to the user.
- Fixed: If a folder in an inactive pool is also added into the other pool then this conflict is now resolved silently.
- Fixed: Eliminated a bug that caused a crash while scanning or aborting a scan which happened in rare cases.
Veranderingen voor v3.03 - v3.04
- Modified: Portable and installed versions can now be run in parallel.
- Modified: The portable version now initializes paths in the Options window relative to the CloneSpy executable.
Veranderingen voor v3.02 - v3.03
- Fixed: CloneSpy can now represent invalid file dates correctly.
- Fixed: CloneSpy now supports daylight saving time when displaying file dates.
- Fixed: CloneSpy no longer crashes if a date in the distant future is chosen in the calendar on the Time + Size page of the Options window.
- Fixed: The list of equal files in each Result presentation window can now be sorted by the entries in the CSC-file column.
Veranderingen voor v3.01 - v3.02
- Fixed: CloneSpy now correctly resolves relative symbolic links.
- Fixed: CloneSpy no longer resolves links on a network drive.
- Fixed: CloneSpy no longer rejects mapped network drives.
Veranderingen voor v3.0 - v3.01
- Fixed: CloneSpy no longer crashes when a file with invalid date is acquired.
- Fixed: Corrected the version information of the CloneSpy executable.
- Fixed: Completed information in Windows' Add/Remove Programs.
- Fixed: Corrected some minor visual glitches.
Veranderingen voor v2.7 - v3.0
- Added: Reparse points and substituted paths can now be resolved to their true paths due to use of new compiler and libraries:
- - A folder will no longer be considered more than once if it is found several times
- due to reparse points or substituted paths.
- - When hard links have to be created, a scan is only started if the true paths of all
- folders in the pool(s) are on the same drive.
- - When hard links have to be created, a sub-folder is ignored if its true path is on a
- different drive.
- Modified: Creation of hard links no longer requires administrator rights.
- Modified: Reduced memory consumption when deleting files to the recycle bin.
- Modified: Reduced memory consumption when merging CSC-files.
- Modified: Windows 2000 is no longer supported.
- Fixed: Deactivated controls on the Time + Size page no longer complain about missing input.
- Fixed: Deletion of hard links no longer affects the calculation of freed space.
- Fixed: Corrected several minor visual glitches.
Veranderingen voor v2.63 - v2.7
- Added: The Main window now has an Options button.
- Added: Folders entered to a pool can now be explored via the context menu.
- Added: The summary of a log file now also shows the number of categories of equal files found.
- Added: The scan progress window now also shows the number of categories of equal files found.
- Added: After a batch file is created or a list file is exported, the scan progress window now shows a button to view that file.
- Added: Files shown in the Result presentation windows can now be executed by pressing the Return key.
- Added: Adding all sibling folders to a pool in the Add folder window can now be aborted if errors occur.
- Added: The new command line option -i can now be used to ignore errors while scanning and to exit automatically afterwards.
- Added: The installer now offers command line options for silent installation (specify "/?" on the installer command line for usage details).
- Modified: The default for characters that cannot be represented in files with OEM encoding is now the same as for ANSI encoding.
- Modified: The default for characters that cannot be represented in batch files with ANSI or OEM encoding can now be changed (see Batch page of the Options window).
- Modified: When adding file masks in the Files or Names page of the Options window, you can now browse for or paste multiple file names.
- Modified: Multiple file paths can now be pasted to the Manual input control in the Add folder window.
- Modified: Windows NT4.0 is no longer supported.
- Fixed: If a hard link cannot be created then CloneSpy tries to restore the original file.
- Fixed: After changing the encoding for batch files or export lists, a new file can now be created without changing the corresponding file path.
- Fixed: When searching for files with same name, the Single duplicates window now allows to preselect files based on their folder/path length.
- Fixed: When searching for files with same name, the Action frame of the Main window now allows to automatically delete files based on their folder/path length.
- Fixed: The default batch file format now also supports hidden file deletion (see Batch page of the Options window).
- Fixed: When exporting a list of equal files, the correct encoding is now applied (regression since v2.62).
- Fixed: When browsing for a file pattern from the context menu of the All duplicates window, the correct dialog is now shown.
- Fixed: Added an explanation for the formerly unknown error code 112.