Versie historie van Sandboxie (64-bit)
Veranderingen voor v5.15.8 - v5.16 RC
- 1) guard64.dll added to templates.ini for Comodo.
- 2) In Win 8.1-32, and 10-32, UAC was always checked and grayed in Run Any Program start.exe dialog box.
Veranderingen voor v5.07.1 Beta - v5.07.6 Beta
- 1) Windows 10 fast ring build 14251 "IsHungAppWindow" hook issue.
- 2) Fixed wrong Windows version # reported for Windows 8.1 (e.g. http://whatsmyuseragent.com/)
- Fixes in 5.07.5
- 1) Added a few more apps to the known conflicts list in templates.ini
- 2) Fixed iTunes GUID in templates.ini conflicts list.
- Fixes in 5.07.4
- 1) Fixing CAPI2 application event error written to system event log when SandboxieCrypto.exe starts (introduced in 5.07.3).
- 2) Added several apps to the known conflicts list.
- Fixes in 5.07.3
- 1) A file named c:\program.exe no longer prevents SandboxieRpcSs.exe from starting.
- 2) In rare instances, SandboxieRpcSs.exe or SandboxieDcomLaunch.exe would not end when all other applications exited.
- 3) F12 Developer Tools now works in IE-11.
- Fixes in 5.07.2
- 1) More improvements to application startup. SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) in Win 10 browser startup no longer occurs in our testing.
- 2) Office 2013 in Win 10 is working under Sandboxie again.
Veranderingen voor v5.03.1 Beta - v5.03.2 Beta
- Fixed SBIE1406 Missing or invalid expansion for temp: [C0000034] introduced in 5.03.1.
Veranderingen voor v5.02 RC - v5.03.1 Beta
- 1) Win 10 KB3081455 and Win 8.1 KB3087039 on 9/8/2015 that broke Explorer, Skype, Quicktime, and possibly other apps has been fixed.
- 2) The print spooler (spoolsv.exe) is now permitted to write files to the system temp folder (windows\temp) and the user temp folder (\Users\
Veranderingen voor v5.01 Beta 12 - v5.01 Beta 13
- 1) A bug where some users in Win 8.1+ would not see any printers installed has been fixed.
- 2) Windows 10 build 10532 is now supported.
- 3) In Win 10, if your default browser is set to Edge, and you tell Sandboxie to start your default browser, Sandboxie will start IE instead.
Veranderingen voor v5.01 Beta 11 - v5.01 Beta 12
- More fine tuning of service start to fix rare race condition that leads to SBIE2303 Could not hook PowerSettingRegisterNotification (1). SBIE 2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) cycling every 30 seconds.
Veranderingen voor v4.15.8 Beta - v4.15.9 Beta
- Hooking crash in Win 8.0 fixed
Veranderingen voor v4.15.4 Beta - v4.15.5 Beta
- 1) More hooking code fixes.
- 2) Fixed drag/drop crash in Chrome
Veranderingen voor v4.15.2 beta - v4.15.4 Beta
- Several problems fixed in new hooking code. Win 8.1-64 explorer.exe menu problem fixed.
- Several problems fixed in new hooking code.
Veranderingen voor v3.81.08 Beta - 4.01.02 Beta
- SANDBOXIE INTERNALS REDESIGNED IN VERSION 4
- The 64-bit edition of Windows 8 introduces a new version of the Kernel Patch Protection (PatchGuard) component, which limits Sandboxie v3 in establishing some of the kernel hooks that it needs in order to fully supervise programs.
- To ensure a high level of sandbox isolation on Windows 8 and future versions of Windows, and to mitigate the risk that a future update to Windows 7 will include the new PatchGuard, and break compatibility with Sandboxie, version 4 introduces a change in the way Sandboxie works under the hood.
- In version 4, Sandboxie is designed to not rely on unofficial hooks into the kernel. (A few such hooks are still in use on Windows XP.) Instead, a program under the supervision of Sandboxie v4 runs with no permissions and cannot access or manipulate objects in the system outside the program's own memory. (This restricted security context can be seen by looking at a process in the sandbox using Process Explorer.)
- Sandboxie 4 on 64-bit Windows removes the Experimental Protection feature, and no longer has to suggest use of Drop Rights option.
- Minimum Windows Version
- Features in the Windows kernel which guarantee that a program cannot improve its own set of permissions are only available starting with Windows XP SP 2, with additional security features in Windows Vista.
- Sandboxie v4 officially supports Windows XP SP 3, Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, and Windows 8. Other variants may or may not work at this time.
- Please note that these changes do not mean that Sandboxie now supports Metro apps.
Veranderingen voor v3.51.08 Beta - v3.52
- Enhancements and Revisions:
- Improvements support for installations involving Windows Side-by-Side assemblies.
- Added support for a question mark character in Sandboxie settings that is considered a single-character wildcard.
- For third-party APIs: On 64-bit systems, the 32-bit DLL (SbieDllX) has been renamed to SbieDll.
- New translations: Greek, Portuguese (Portugal), and Arabic.
- Problems Fixed:
- Fixed a problem with Forced Folders on 64-bit Windows.
- Fixed a problem with the Sandboxie UAC confirmation window overlapping the Windows task bar.
- Fixed a conflict with the Immunize feature of Spybot-S&D which caused some slowdowns.
- Improved compatibility with:
- Adobe Reader X in Protected Mode
- Internal Flash player in recent versions of Google Chrome
- Web Browser: Comodo Dragon
- Proxies and Filters: NetNanny 6.5, ProxyCap, Super Socks5Cap
- Utilities: Active Captions, Actual Window Manager, Arum Switcher, Copernic Desktop Search, IntelliType Pro, ManyCam, RadeonPro
- Security Software: Microsoft EMET tool, Norton 360, Norton Safe Web Lite
- Virtual Machines: Running Sandboxie in a Windows system virtualized by Xen