Versie historie van OpenFX
Veranderingen voor v1.7 - v2.0 Beta 2
- Source built with Visual Studio Solution files.
- Experimental hardware GPU rendering. Many (not all) programmable shaders are working. A few of these are nVidia hardware specific and ATI hardware is known to have issues with, for example, the blisters shader.
- A particle actor is installed which only works with the GPU renderer. Effects include flames, clouds, sparks, inferno, moving fire and fluids flowing from a pipe.
- OFX model formats changed to accommodate Maps and Materials.
- In this new regime each polygon/face can have an image map and a material applied to it. The old OpenFX 1.x face descriptions can still be used for basic properties like colour and smoothing but all the texturing must now be done through the materials.
- Image mapping has been significantly changed with some of the attributes that previously were attached to individual faces now applied to the image map itself (e.g tiling or shading).
- All vertices now carry image map coordinates.
- The new model files now embed the image maps directly, so there is no need to store them separately.
- We strongly recommend that you do not erase or overwrite any of your older model or animation files from OpenFX 1.x and make new copies of them for use with the 2.x beta.